Friday, January 16, 2009

please excuse the mess

i’m in the process of revamping the blog – hence, the jumble of picture sizes and what not. it’s coming along slowly but surely. for example, my new banner took me forever + 3 years to do, so it better look good… let me know what you think.


please don’t even mention my mess of a car and room. i swear they will both be unrecognizably clean before we leave tomorrow, no matter how late i have to stay up. [actually, the plan is to stay up all night so i can sleep in the car tomorrow, at least for a little bit]

speaking of an 11+hour car drive… if you're still waiting on me for pictures, i promise i haven't forgotten about you. i’ll be finishing them up on my way through nevada and i promise they will be in the mail by monday - thank you for being so wonderful and patient!


as for my mess of thoughts…

it’s not supposed to snow for the entire duration of my mini-vacay. what the? what’s the point of it being so dang cold if i can’t even play in the snow? well, if the snow isn’t planning on finding me, then i’m going to find it. that’s just one of the things on my to-do list while i’m there. yes, i made a list. and yes, besides the snow thing, it is mostly food-related.

curse the person at my work that put two boxes of see's candy in the break room.

i took these pictures a few days ago. pretty much, whenever i’m looking for a new location, i drag these girls along with me and force them to pose. when they become models they’ll have sweet portfolios! i really like the second one, but i wish it wFont sizeas more obvious that they were lying in the middle of the road. [i really like the last two also].
ashley_kayla_niles
DSC_8554
ashley_kayla_niles3

don’t install sitemeter onto your blog. it gives you a map of all your blog visitors and it is so intriguing/addicting to see all the places people are coming from. really, canada? and it tells you how long some people stay too… really, someone checked out my blog for 50 minutes? they must think i’m way cool! but don’t worry, it doesn’t really tell me who you are, so you are more than welcome to keep lurking. you are also more than welcome to say hello too because i would love to know who you are.

i’m hoping the obsession with that site will fade soon, like my obsession with the mailman did. i’m still just as excited to receive some mail from this guy, i’m just no longer stalking the mailman around the neighborhood, calling the house to see if mail came, or checking the mailbox every time i come home… sometimes at 10:00 at night – it was seriously just habit, i knew there wouldn’t be anything. but he did e-mail me this picture a few days ago which made me pretty happy. he's the white (well, red) one on the left with a sweet neck tanline.
Imagem 002


i know everyone thinks their family is the coolest, but mine really is. the other night we stayed up past 1 in the morning playing cards. one brother doesn’t really like to play nertz, so he made brenner [breakfast at dinner] for everyone. it was some serious brenner too: eggs, bacon, homemade hash browns, and toast. i even convinced todd & heidi to just stay the night, considering liz was already asleep in one of the bedrooms. i hope i still have sleepovers when i’m married with an 18-month-old. like i said, my family is the coolest. [i wish i took pictures]

my grandpa’s birthday was yesterday – i miss him.
IMG_0013_2

my biggest goal right now is to achieve some sort of balance – my list of resolutions gets bigger every day. i feel like there is just so much i want to do but not enough hours in the day. so i end up skipping out on things that are still pretty important – namely, sleep and exercise, 2 things i desperately need. between family, work, play, art, spirituality, and everything else, there just isn’t enough time. i think i just need to be more time efficient… and to be ok with not doing everything. new goals.

does anyone else have the crazy habit of changing their blog posts a million times… even once they’re already posted? because i do, and it drives me nuts. i’m really hoping it’s not just me.

when all my friends were here [this was seriously 2 weeks ago, i just forgot about it] we made a fire pit in my cousin britney’s backyard and partied. well, technically my dad and his blowtorch made the fire pit, but whatever. we made s’mores and my uncle barbecued up some hot dogs and hamburgers and i ate way too much. the hesses can throw a serious party.
DSC_8103
DSC_8077
bonfire


if you are still reading, you are a serious champ. this is definitely the longest post ever. but i’ll be out of blogland for a week, so i’m allowed.



be back thursday-ish!

xoxo.
jana

9 left some love.:

Chelsi January 16, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Jana I love your blog! I like the header you have right now. Very creative and it gives a the reader a good idea of what your style is.
As for the pictures in niles...they turned out so cute. I'm so jealous that Kayla gets so many photo shoots! Love the teal and red doors! Lets see what else? Oh yeah where are you going on your trip? And how do you get your pictures to be big on your posts. I tryed to mess with mine, but I have no idea where to start! HELP!

NNA January 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie January 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Jana-you are seriously talented.... at everything it seems :) I'm jealous that you are going to Utah- I've been dying to get back and vsit since we moved out here but the pregnancy and baby stopped me. HOpefully soon. We'll miss you in class on Sunday. I need some baby pictures of Austin soon- although I think I'm going to wait on family pictures until I lose more of the baby weight :)

Beck Family January 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

I love the header too, especially the cute little guy (I have a crush on him). Have fun in Utah. We'll miss you!

Unknown January 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I really love your new header! It totally shows a little bit of everything that you do, and that's fantastic.
Those fire pictures are awesome! Makes me want to re-awaken my pyro days :)
Are you coming to Utah? There's still snow, no worries. Just not coming out of the sky (hallelujah!)
That photo shoot looked like fun. I love all the vibrant colors and the street scene is great!

Salcido January 17, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Yes, Jana, I, too, have fallen into the world of blogging. Although my posts are not near as entertaining and creative as yours. I have to admit that I check yours out frequently! You have such great ideas (and music).

Vanessa January 19, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Jana you are so adorable!! I recently stumbled across your blog and have to tell you how much I adore you! I love your photos and not to mention those gorgeous models you have!!

Kell & Anna January 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

hey, Yes I'll be here!! You better come!!

Erin January 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

Hey Jana,

This is Erin Jackson used to be Hodson. I found your blog through Jessica Skubal's and I'm in AWE of your amazing talent!! It's so fun to see all of your pictures. Your nieces and nephews are dang cute! I wish we lived closer to home because I want to hire you to take family pictures for me. Unfortunately I don't have plans to come home anytime soon. If you ever plan on coming out to Europe let me know :)
Take care