yesterday, my mom flew into utah for a weekend visit. and 9 days ago was her birthday. so i thought it would be more than appropriate to share what makes judy beck so awesome.
1. she gave birth to 7 pretty cool children - #6 being the coolest [me].
2. she has the best pie recipes ever. ever. and this woman does not hide her talents under a bushel. 90% of the city of fremont knows how awesome my mom's pies are. in fact, thanks to my mother, i thought giving pies to people was just a standard life practice. the first time i went to a boy's house for dinner i brought an apple pie - they laughed at me.
3. her lasagna recipe is pretty awesome too.
4. she's a pretty funny. and i know that she thinks a lot more funny things than she actually says out loud - she's just too nice to say them all.
5. she let's me complain about how hard i think my life is. and then tells me to keep pushing forward.
6. i'm pretty sure my mom is in better shape than i am. we went on a bike ride once and she pretty much kicked my butt. and that was when i was in high school. and i was skinny.
7. she's my most faithful blog reader.
8. she writes incredible poems and stories. i'm sure you'll see them around one day after someone figures out they need to be published.
9. she's always ready to have a good time and loves eating as much as i do.
10. she is a fabulous photo assistant. and a pretty decent model too.
11. she really is the most giving person i know.
love you mom :)