Monday, November 3, 2008

would anyone be interested...

in a photo session?

i haven't decided if photography is something i am planning on doing professionally, but it is something that i am loving right now. so much, in fact, that i'm even considering applying to the photography program when i go back to BYU, just so i can keep learning.

i originally thought that having a nice camera and knowing how to use it would be something i would really value, especially once i have kids of my own. however, recently i have had a few people ask how much i "charge" and i was a little thrown off thinking that people think my pictures are nice enough to pay for them. at first, i shyed away from the idea, thinking that i had so much to learn before i could even consider charging for pictures, but i'm beginning to feel like it would be a really good opportunity for me to gain some experience and see if this is something i would be interested in pursuing, while offering families inexpensive photos at the same time.

so here it is:
- a 1-2 hour photo session at the location of your choice (preferably close)
- along with 30-50 EDITED photos from the session - yours to keep!
- at a price that you think is reasonable

it will hopefully only be a few weeks before my camera is back in action, so the pictures would be ready just in time for christmas! feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail(janalaurene@gmail.com) if you're at all interested, have any questions, or would like to tell me that i'm ridiculous.. any feedback is good feedback! :)

4 left some love.:

Chelsi November 3, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Yay! You definately should do photography on the side. I love the pictures you took and I want some family pics taken some time while we're there for christmas break. I will give you a call when I know what days we'll be there. have you had a chance to send the pictures yet? I'm DYING to see them! Take car Jana and it's so good to hear that you get to have your camera fixed. What a bummer that it broke on you!

Cheri November 3, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Me me me!! Well, not anytime soon until I lose some baby poundage, but I would love to get family pictures as well as a few of each child. :)

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for baby-sitting so we could have a child-free funeral. Everyone (siblings) said how impressed they were with you guys and how nice you were. You helped make the day extra special.

Kristina November 3, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

I want to! When you are back here. When will you be back here, by the way? January? Do you say that in the post? Oh well. :)

The Andersens November 7, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Hey Jana. I don't know if you remember me or not but I'm Trish(used to be Ocon) Andersen. I saw a couple of the pictures you took for Chelsi and loved them! We're in Idaho right now but we're coming to Fremont the week of Thansgiving. I would love it if you were interested in taking some pictures of my baby, hubby, and I. I'll email you as we get closer to Thanksgiving.