Wednesday, March 10, 2010

21 questions.

Photo 288

let's play a game called 21 questions.
[this isn't how the real 21 questions is played, but that's ok]

i know there's a few people out there that read this little blog of mine. some of you i know. and a lot of you i don't know - but i love you just the same! it may sound creepy, but it's not. and even if it is, just go with it.

anyway, every once in a while i will peruse through a blog and wonder certain things. like, i wonder how her and her husband met, or where did she learn to cook like that, and where does she buy her daughter's clothes because i'm pretty sure she dresses better than me. you know, things like that. 

so today i had the thought: i wonder what people wonder about me? there has to be something, right? especially from the people i've never met. 

so here's your chance to ask me anything.

really. ask me anything and i will tell you. you want to know what kind of camera i use? no problem. want to know what color the boy's eyes are? done.

i figure i'll leave this open for a few days and next week i'll answer my favorite 21 of your questions. [i really hope there's at least 21 or i will be slightly embarrassed].

and as a little added incentive, i'll pick a name from one of the comments to receive a complimentary photo session, like this one i gave away a few months ago. it would obviously work best if you live in the bay area or utah, but hey, maybe i'll need a vacation.

so ask away! please don't be shy!

EDITED: if i happen to draw the name of someone that doesn't live anywhere in the nearby vicinity - i will probably have to opt for sending you a painting instead. hope that's ok. the boy was probably right when he said it was a lot more practical than a photo session. i just chose to offer a photo session because i'm better at following through with those in a timely manner. (i struggle sometimes with following through, i'm working on it, don't judge me). 

moral of the story: you can still ask a question and possibly win something - even if you live across the country. or in a different country. i don't discriminate :)

32 left some love.:

Natalie March 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

What a fun game! :) OK, here's mine. I love your hair... what kind of product to you use on it when it's curly and how do you fix it in the morning? I guess that's a two-part question, so I hope it isn't cheating.

The Rees' March 11, 2010 at 5:17 AM  

ooo! we like fun. too bad we can't ask more than one. good thing i'm a close friend [i will ask ya 21 on friday when we see ya-laughs]
but for now... what truly inspires miss. jana beck? im sure theres more than one but.. when you pick up that camera, paint brush, or even your little fingers to type us a little posty post.. what is it [usually] that makes you just ... create? other than your natural talent and creativity. [hopefully that doesn't answer itself] but i know sometimes despite the fact im creative and/or talented [i like to think so, sometimes anyway] i will have a "drought".

Emily March 11, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

I have a couple... hope that's okay :) You are a very very beautiful girl, and I've noticed you have flawless skin. My question is HOW is it so flawless? What do you use? What's your facial care routine?
ALSO - what makes you truly happy? Is there anything you like to do in your daily routine that helps you relax or unwind?
I know that's way more than one question, sorry :) Can't wait to see your answers!

Brooke March 11, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

I just found your blog a week or so, and I have to tell you - it's so inspiring and sweet! You have many great talents....wow! You sound like you have a strong self-awareness and I love your writing style. My question is about food :o) Where are your favorite places to eat out at, and what do you order?

Chrissy March 11, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Well, now... I should like to know what your post processing is like for the pictures you take. How much editing do you do? Do you use Photoshop? iPhoto? and what exactly do you do with your editing program?

Lisa and DJ March 11, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Okay. I know you love food. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? You can't say Diet coke! :)

Sarah March 11, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

I am really bad about thinking up questions for people, but I saw "complimentary photo session" and since our baby is due in like, uh, 3 more weeks...that would totally rock.
So here it goes....

If you didn't get into photography, what else would you have majored in at college? (me personally, I really wish I could have majored in something else than what I did...English---bleh).

Calee March 11, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

We don't know each other (I think you know my sister/co-blogger?) BUT I definitely have a question for you!

Here it goes: a couple months ago you blogged about love being difficult/having to make choices about...the boy? [I'm assuming here]. I want to know how how you made your decision [once again assuming that you've made a decision at this point]. I may or may not be asking selfishly and fishing for advice haha. But seriously - I want to know!

Cheri March 11, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

I've never commented on your blog, but I've followed it for a long while...I can't even remember how I found it now! Anyway, question...

Your eyebrows have an awesome shape. Is that natural?? I mean, do you wax or tweeze? Use pencil?

Also, what is a song that you would say defines where you are right now in life?

Jennifer Crosby March 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Why the struggle with Diet Coke? Why not just drink it?

Lila March 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Hey Jana! You're posts are always so fun :) Ok, here's my question: what motivates you to be your best? Especially if you ever have a "blah/lazy/whatever feeling" kind of day? You always seem so inspired, and it definitely is inspiring to see your posts! :)

--Lila

The John Hollingshaus Family March 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

If you could go on a photo shoot any where in the world where would you go and who would you shoot (WITH THE CAMERA OF COURSE:)

Unknown March 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

I know that you love kids and can't wait to be a Mom. I'm the same way!!

I was just wondering what some of your favorite baby names are? I want 4 kids and already have a handful of names that I like!

The San Diego Mills March 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

I've actually commented on your blog a couple of times before (I commented long ago about your boyfriend who was on a mission) and I even have you on my blog roll, which is odd since I don't know you. I do love your blog though, I think you have a beautiful way of writing and seem like such a nice lady! Anyway, what I would like to ask is how did you and your current boyfriend meet and for how long have you been dating? Pretty nosy of me to ask, considering I've never met you but still! Also, I live in San Diego but have family in Utah (doesn't every Mormon person?) so I would love to win that photo session! Alright, my small novel is now complete!

The Wittmer's March 11, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Wow so many good questions already taken.... As you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures you took of my family! I will cherish them forever....Do you think I'm crazy for being ready to do them again??? Seriously I cant wait till you are home this summer so I can snag you for an afternoon!

Simple Question: When is your birthday?

I love knowing peoples birthdays. I think it is so fun to get a million phone calls on your special day. I want to make sure I don't forget yours! xoxo

Chelsi March 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

jana you're a doll. i'm glad i knew you way before you started blogging. it's fun to know the girl behind the blog. i love your blog. i don't really have a question, but you really should know how much i enjoy your posts. i need to leave comments more often :)

Beck Family March 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

How do you handle having Todd as a big brother who's always picking on you? Really personal I know, but I've been wondering about it lately. He teases you a lot and you take it so well. Just wondering how you do it? Maybe it would help me to know what to tell my kids when others tease them; like Uncle Toddy.

Hali in Wonderland March 11, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Oooo! Fun! How I hope I get picked...
Well, besides will you do a make over on me... How do you keep your skin so pretty? And where have you learned to style your hair? I'm helpless if it involves more than a comb... :(
Also, where have you learned most of your photography skills? I think you could definitely be a food photographer. But I love to know your secrets for your portrait shoots... Any would do :)

x0
-Hali

Sarah S March 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

I've been a total blog stalker and can't remember how I got here, but I've enjoyed your blog and your beautiful photos and fun posts. My husband's from Fremont too, so maybe that caught my attention? (my husband is Ben Severson) Anyway, we live in Chicago. So if you feel the urge to travel to a really fun city, especially in the summertime when the lake sparkles and the buildings shine... we would love to win a photo session. We live in a really beautiful area... :)

On to the questions - hopefully it's not cheating since you already sort of mentioned it -

1. What kind of camera do you use?
2. What is your favorite lens or lenses to use for portraits? Are you a prime or zoom lens kind of girl?
3. Do you have any favorite online resources for improving photography skills?

Alyssa March 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

hey there!
so i've sort of been a blog stalker for a while... hope that doesn't creep you out ;).. but you totally don't freak me out with the whole "i love you" thing! ha

i live in the bay area... so a photo session would be SUPER exciting! ;)

questions.. i fell like maybe i have a million.. BUT i'll try to narrow it down.

1. i like the questions above mine about your camera/lenses.
2. Where did you learn your photo skills?
3. Do you shoot in manual?
3. whats your major?
4. do you love utah or the bay area more?
5. where and who/what would you photograph if you could choose any place and any subject?


ok.. see.. i told you i had a lot.. i'd have more if i didn't force myself to stop! I think you seem like such a great person and i love getting to know you through your blog!

Thanks,
Alyssa

Alyssa March 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

ps. can we see a picture of the boy's face? ;)

Olivia. March 11, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Would you rather have a ketchup dispensing belly button or a confetti fart?

Dawn March 12, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Sarah & Alyssa covered my photo questions - however, I'd also like to know:

How many children do you want? And, are you specific about wanting a boy or girl first?

I always wanted a girl first and I got lucky and had my little Savannah this past November. A little later in life than I had originally planned, but she's here and we're finally a family!

P.S. I also always said I only wanted 2 children, but after having Savannah, I want about 50.

Unknown March 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

If you could tell your future self and your younger self one thing each, what would it be?

merideth March 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

i live out of your designated areas... but i would love love to have one of your paintings. i think it is so cool what you do with them.

my question?.... what is your favorite loaf of bread recipe? i want to get into making my own bread. so i would love some good recipes.

Brandon and Maryellen March 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

I had a really good question but I got on and saw someone else had already asked it:( So, instead I will ask, if you could only live on one food for the rest of your life what would it be?

Ashley from Sloanbook March 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Hey! I found your blog through Meilis! Or Alexandras... When did you start taking pictures? What kind of camera (that is nice) would you recommend for a girl who wants to just have fun and take pictures of random things (not sell or take pictures of other people-obviously I couldn't do that haha) and future kids?

Unknown March 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Man, this giveaway thing is really bringing out the stalkers like me. :) I love peeking in on your blog and enjoying your picts. It also makes me nostalgic about my BYU days. I also think that one day I will get a painting from you. Dreams do come true, right?

So here are my questions:
1. When you go on a photo shoot, what lenses do you use?
2. Why not switch to diet pepsi?
3. How did you develop your unique painting style?

Anonymous March 15, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Jana - I saw your blog on Chrissy "Freeman" Oliverson's blog a long time ago and also a link from Chelsi Greenwood's. I used to live in Fremont and grew up with those girls. I took Chelsi and Celeste's wedding pictures. I love photography and my favorite thing is to take pictures of people (mainly my kids).

I really do love your blog and I check it all the time. (Yes, I'm a blog stalker .. a little scared?) I love that you love to cook and take pictures of your food. I love that you waited for your "boy" while he was on his mission. I did the same thing. I married mine. =o) We just celebrated the 12th anniversary of our first date and this year will be our 9th wedding anniversary. There's something wonderful about waiting for your missionary.

I'm trying to think of a good question. I live in Rocklin, CA, so I'm not expecting a photo shoot .. I would actually LOVE a painting. How much are your paintings usually? Could that be a question? =o) I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old and I would love paintings of them.

Jenni Carlile March 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Jana Banana-
What I want to know is how did you and the boy met and when we are going to see a picture of his whole face? (and yes that was a compound question--but oh well =D )

Jenni

Caitlin March 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Love blog stalking... what is the boy's name??

Ann Lively March 19, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Close your eyes....what is the first childhood memory that pops into your head?