Tuesday, December 9, 2008

dear aunt cindy,

thank you for letting me practically move into your house. really, i think i spend more time on young drive than i do at my own house these days. i even say family prayer, help make lists for our "family" goals this christmas season, and i think it's my turn to read the christmas story for tonight. oldest to youngest right?

thank you for always making extra dinner, anticipating my company, and for putting socks on my cold feet like you do for ashley and britney.

thanks for your help with the sewing machine and letting me make a mess in the family room for a couple of days. (sorry about the broken needle). thanks for the envelopes and the stamps - even if they have slightly creepy nutcracker men on them.

i'm so glad you like the christmas card i designed for you this year - i'm so happy i could help!

{photo not taken by me}

i hope you don't mind that i posted it here before you sent it out - i promise not very many people read my blog.

i'll be over tonight to help decorate the christmas tree!

love you lots,
jana

7 left some love.:

Cheri December 9, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

You are so talented! What's the font you used for "Happy Holidays?" My Christmas card wasn't nearly that cute.

Katy December 9, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

I haven't seen the Hess family in so long. Brittney's hair looks really good and Ashley is so grown up! That card looks great, by the way!

Jana December 10, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

Thanks!

And Cheri, the "Happy Holidays" isn't a font, it's actually my handwriting via the paintbrush tool in Adobe Illustrator. I'm sure I could find a better use of my time, but it's all in the name of Christmas!

The Olsen Family December 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

You are so talented Jana! Can you please create a font with your handwriting so I can buy it?...I love it! I was going to ask where you got that font as well but saw in another comment that you created it in Illustrator. Your creativity is never ending! You are a awesome photographer too!!

Erin December 10, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

Hey, what program did you use for that? I've been trying to make one, too!

Erin December 10, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

ok, read the comments. I'm guessing Illustrator. Haha.

Chelsi December 10, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Very cute! I love how simple, but very festive it is! Oh and of course the family is great too :)