Saturday, December 6, 2008

dear saturday,

we were so productive today; i'm so proud of us! i slept exactly 8 hours and awoke to a giant bowl of captain crunch. perfect way to get my day started.

then, i met up with this cute family.
they go to church with both of my brothers' families and sarah served in the same mission as my missionary!


little asher loved to run around. thank goodness for digital cameras and memory cards that hold 1,000 pictures!

after a lunch of salami and cheese - seriously, i was in a hurry, but it was still delicious - i picked up my cute cousin ashley for a "mini" senior-shoot. we only had an hour, so there will definitely be more where these came from.
she is so photogenic. and has fabulous hair.

her friend, kayla, came too.

to finish up my picture-taking for the day, this family came to meet me.

aren't these girls adorable? little emily on the right was a natural in front of the camera. she would pose and put her hands on her parents' shoulders without anyone even telling her what to do. i was so impressed.


talk about a day filled with photo-magnificence.

later, i went out to dinner with the mom and sister and i am watching a marathon of christmas movies as we speak. first, elf, and now, you've got mail (i'm not sure why this one always puts me in a festive mood and makes me want to spend christmas in new york city).

i would say it was a pretty great day. i even managed to squeeze in reading a chapter of the last twilight book with my cousin, britney - it was actually at 1:00 in the morning, but that was still technically today. now, all i have to do is crank out a couple loads of laundry and i will consider us a major success. we still have 2 hours together, saturday - let's make it happen.

xoxo,
jana

p.s. nikon baby, it's so good to have you back.

6 left some love.:

Unknown December 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Wow, Jana, that's a lot of photo shoots crammed into one day! Looks good, though, and I'm glad you're loving your camera baby :)

The John Hollingshaus Family December 7, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

You are an amazing photographer! If you do not decide to do this professionally your nuts! When we move there I will totally start a studio with you.

Carrie Hollingshaus

Kerri December 7, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

loving the shots. nice work!

Chelsi December 7, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Very cute! I love the pics of the Chiltons! They are my good friends. Aren't their boys so handsome! Ashley and Kayla's pics look great too. You are so good :)

Sarah December 7, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

Yay, I am so excited to see the rest! I gave Melissa something to give you. You are so great! Thanks again!

Ayesha December 20, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

your pictures are fantastic.. They touched my heart.. U are amazing at photography.. I have a cousin who does this for a living... she took pictures of my daughters wedding.. you have a wonderful blog.. :)