Wednesday, July 29, 2009

oh life.

self-portrait
[photo taken today]

i feel like it's been a while since i've dumped my brain. so here goes.

first, i feel like i need to say thank you. thank you for the sweet comments about my dandelion painting. i'm going to fix it up a little and give it away real soon, so get excited :). it was so fun to paint something different, with no definitive direction or real purpose other than the fact that i love to paint. and just thank you in general for reading my little blog. when i first started this thing, i really had no idea what i was doing it for, and i'm pretty sure i was the only one reading it. but blogging is strangely enjoyable, even more so knowing that people read it. not only do they read it, but some people actually like it. and that is reason enough for me to blog.

in fact, i'm on a little blogging kick right now. i'm 3 for 3 this week. that is much more desirable to me than my blogging lulls. i hope you feel the same way.

i had a pretty day today. hence, me posting another picture of myself. it's funny what a difference it makes to actually try to look your best for no reason other than you just plain feel like it. i felt 10 million times better today than i did yesterday, when i didn't shower and stayed in my swimsuit all day long. 

i think my red lipstick today may have even helped me almost beat my all-time bowling record, as well as almost beat a certain someone i was playing against. yeah, i went there mr. you-know-who you are. i almost beat you. in fact, i was beating you at some points of the game. i should have taken a picture.

speaking of this certain mr., he's pretty dang cute, and i really wish he didn't look at my blog so i could post a picture of him to show you how cute he really is. cute isn't even an accurate adjective... i'm going to go with pretty dang handsome or freaking good-looking. he doesn't like when i say freaking, but he does let me follow him around with my camera, and sits more still than me when i have to leave the shutter open for 10 seconds to get the picture i want. it's sweet. but i'm keeping the details of him to a minimum. one, because i like him a whole bunch and i don't want to jinx it and have to un-blog about him later. and two, he has yet to refer to me as his girlfriend. maybe after he does that, it will be ok to blog about him for real. just saying.

i have to take mr. aforementioned to the airport at 4:30 in the morning. that's in 3 hours. awesome. maybe i just won't sleep and i'll make an awesome breakfast. hmm. tempting.

i felt like i had a lot more thoughts when i first began writing.

oh, i did some goal-listing the other day. i made 3 lists of goals, in fact. daily goals, weekly goals, and monthly goals. i love lists. i love plans. and i love goals. i'll give you some examples:
daily goal: exercise. even if it's just stretching.
weekly goal: finish a painting.
monthly goal: read a church book, and non-church book.
i'm really excited about the reading one. i just started a book yesterday, and should have it finished by the end of the month. and i'm keeping a list of all the words that i either don't know, or wish i used more frequently. i need to work on speaking better - another goal.

today at the bowling alley, i ran into a boy, whom i go to church with, who told the boy whom i'm dating how i give really great comments in our church classes. it made me so happy. yet, at the same time, it made me a little sad. mostly because i realized i could be doing a much better job of showing that side of me all the time, outside of church. something else for me to work on. i'm all for self-improvement.

i'm in love with the next food network star. does anyone watch that? i really hope melissa wins. sure she's incredibly chipper and talks fast sometimes, but i still think she's great. in the last episode, she gave the most amazing little introduction. it gave me chills - the good kind. i'll have to watch it again so i can write down exactly what she said.

i missed the season finale of the bachelorette. in fact, i missed the last half of the season of the bachelorette. for how excited i was when the season started, it surprises me how quickly i stopped caring. but i think she picked ed, right? and i thought he was really cute, so good for you jill. also. dear abc, if you're reading this, i think jake would make the best bachelor for next season. trust me on this.

and i missed the last week of so you think you can dance. sad sad sad. i need to find someone that has it recorded. stat.

shoot, i just remembered i have no milk for the breakfast i wanted to make. certain boy, why must you drink all my milk?

i love taking pictures of food, and i haven't done it lately. i need more windows in my kitchen. dear future husband, please note that i would like a kitchen with a lot of windows. the natural light will be very conducive to my food photography. also, i would love white cabinets, granite countertops, and a chalkboard. i love kitchens. just saying.

i'm tired. i guess when you hit 21, all-nighters aren't as easy as they used to be.

ok, last thing. that is, if you are still reading. i would love to know what you enjoy seeing on this little blog of mine. what is it that keeps you coming back? what would you like to see more of? obviously, i'll still share what i find lovely and interesting and important to me... but as much as this blog is for me, it's mostly for you, let's just be honest. so i would love love love your thoughts.

hmm. goodnight/good morning. hope we all have a lovely wednesday :)



xoxo.
jana

15 left some love.:

Beck Family July 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

I'm so glad you started a blog. I love knowing what's going on in your life since you live so far away. I love having you share your talents. I hope that special someone starts to call you girlfriend soon. Just make sure he brushes up on his Star Wars before the next time we come to visit. Good luck with your goals. LOve ya!

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

i love the Next Food Network Star! i'm pulling for melissa too. can't wait for the season finale sunday. just found your blog and am really enjoying it.

Sarah July 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

I love your blog because I enjoy basking in your awesomeness. You are incredibly talented and fabulous. And I am so jealous of your skin and hair. I love watching your photography and art evolve and get better. From when I started following, you were already awesome, and you just keep getting better (if that's possible). I sound like a total kiss-up, but I just love your talents (and I love the pictures you did of my family last year)

Emily July 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

So I just have to come out and tell you how much I love your blog! I've been reading it for about 2 weeks now, and I almost feel like I'm starting to get obsessive (don't worry, I'm not a psycho :) ). I stumbled across you when I was doing a bit of blog hopping. I am one of Misha Rees' old friends from middle/high school. Anyway - one of the first things that attracted were the photos you take - AMAZING! The second thing, the more I read the more I felt like we had a lot in common (just a couple examples: I could eat sugar all day every day, AND I love to stay up late and I'm NOT a morning person... there's more, but you get the point). You are incredibly talented, and oh-so-beautiful! I love how you are so open about your feelings when you blog. It's something I wish I could do better - express myself! Keep it up, I love it!
P.S. That dandelion painting is incredible! I'm pretty sure I'm in love with it!

Emma July 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

I like your blog because you are a young, creative individual like myself. You remind me to keep doing all these artistic things I love. Your photography and paintings are PERFECT! I want one of your portrait paintings so much. You have a great attitude towards what you do and so many wonderful ideas! Thanks for the inspiration. Until now, I've remained a quiet reader, thanks for the little push to say hi! (Did you do a painting for Elizabeth Kartchner? I think that's how I found you back in the day?!)

Natalie July 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Melissa and Heidi's in San Leandro. I kept seeing darling photos of their kids on their blogs, so I clicked over to see your blog and I've been a reader ever since. :) I think you're beautiful and talented and you have excellent taste in TV shows. (You need to see SYTYCD... I was crushed when my favorite girl was sent home last week. And I agree, Melissa should win The Next FN Star.)

I love that you posted a bunch of photos of yourself. And that dandelion painting would look adorable in my girls' room. AND the kitchen you described... drool. A girl after my own heart.

Also, I'm sort of camera shopping (sort of). I'd like to graduate to an SLR camera so I can get better shots for my blogs. If you have any recommendations, I'm all ears :)

Cheri July 29, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

I love that the empty milk container is behind you in your picture. Perfect case in point.

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

I love your blog. Your work is so inspiring and you are really funny. Totally a pick me up at the end of the day. Am hoping that one of these days I will be inspired enough to put a brush to canvas. Hmmmm...maybe a beautiful, inspiring piece hanging by my desk would do the trick...lol

Wiggiwalker July 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

I am guessing there is another side to the whole Mr. you-know-who story. Jana probably TOLD him to drink the rest of her milk. That would be my best guess. In reference to the Beck Family comment - I bet he is an avid STAR WARS fan and in his desire to tell a good story to some excited listeners he changed the name of "Storm Troopers" to "Star Troopers" in the name of creative license. Just sayin...

Katy July 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

I am watching So You Think You Can Dance right now, as I check my email and blogs. I love seeing your photography and paintings (loved the dandelion painting). And you have a fun way with words, so I enjoy reading your opinions and commentary. Keep doing what you're doing!

Dawn July 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

I enjoy the variety your blog offers. One day a painting, another day your random thoughts, and another will be your photos.

Keep em comin!

Erin July 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Hi Jana! As if you haven't been hearing enough from me already. :) I just had to say that I LOVE your blog. You are so amazingly talented. I could stare at your paintings all day long! And I love to see your photography. Plus I just love your open, honest, ramblings. (they remind me of myself...we really would hang out a lot if we lived in the same place!)
p.s. It's really not fair that you are THAT talented AND THAT beautiful!!!

Shannon July 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I like seeing your artwork and photography. Also just what is going on in your life, cause I can relate. I like goals too :) Don't we always have the best intentions for ourselves?

happymomma July 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Love everything about your blog! Such a place for inspiration. I love how you write and how you take time to notice the little details in life. I really didn't do that until our daughter came along. Awesome that you are already there! Thanks for taking time to let others enjoy you and have a glimpse of your sweet life!:)
Betsy

*Oh, and I too am totally jealous of your amazing hair. I also adore taking pictures of food!

happymomma July 31, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

I forgot to tell you...
I do kind of miss your music you had on here.